Disclaimer - Conditions of use of the smartcity.brussels portal
The provisions below are intended to define the conditions under which the Brussels Regional Informatics Centre grants access to the smartcity.brussels portal.
This portal is an initiative of the Brussels Regional Informatics Centre (BRIC), parastatal “A” created by Article 27 of the Law of 21 August 1987 amending the law organising the metropolitan districts and federations of municipalities and laying down provisions on the Brussels-Capital Region, whose registered offices are at avenue des Arts 21, 1000 Brussels.
1. Acceptance of the general conditions of useThe BRIC grants access to this portal (smartcity.brussels) and the information contained therein provided you accept, without reserve, the conditions mentioned on this page “Conditions of use”. By consulting the portal smartcity.brussels and the information therein, you agree to these conditions. The BRIC reserves the right to amend the conditions without notice.
2. Use of the portalThe content of this portal is made available solely for the purpose of providing general information. The content of this portal may only be used in connection with the services offered on the portal and for your personal use. The user undertakes to use the portal in compliance with all legal and/or contractual provisions. The user may not use it in any way that might harm the interests of the BRIC, its suppliers and/or its partners.
3. Warranties and limits of responsibility for the use of the portalIn general, the BRIC may not under any circumstances be held liable for direct or indirect damage, or for any other damages of any kind whatsoever, resulting from the use of this portal or the inability to use it for any reason whatsoever, regardless of whether or not this liability is contractual, tortuous or quasi-tortious, or is based on strict or other liability, even if the BRIC has been advised of the possibility of such damages.
3.1. InformationThe BRIC shall make all reasonable efforts to publish information on this smartcity.brussels portal that to the best of its knowledge is up to date. It does not guarantee the adequacy, accuracy or completeness of such information or warrant that the portal shall be continually complete and up to date in every respect. The information on this portal may include inaccuracies of content, technical inaccuracies or typographical errors. This information is provided for guidance and is subject to periodic changes. The BRIC may make, improvements and/or changes to this portal at any time and without notice. Use of this portal, and consequently information obtained or items downloaded when using the service, is the sole responsibility of the user. The BRIC disclaims any liability for damages that may result from the use of the information on this portal. The user further acknowledges that he is solely responsible for any damage to his computer system or any loss of data resulting from the download of any content.
3.2. Access to the portalThis portal is provided on the basis of a service that is “as is” and accessible according to availability. The BRIC cannot guarantee that the service will be uninterrupted, timely, secure or error-free, that the results obtained using the service will be accurate and/or reliable, that defects in the software used, if any, will be subject to correction.
3.3. Hypertext linksThis portal contains hypertext links to other sites and referrals to other sources of information provided for guidance only. The BRIC does not check these sites or the information contained on them, and therefore cannot provide any guarantee as to the quality and/or completeness of such information. The BRIC assumes no responsibility for any improper, unlawful or illegal content present on the hyperlinks and from damage resulting from their consultation. If you wish to create a hypertext link from your site to the portal, we encourage you to contact the webmaster first by using this web form. He will inform you as soon as possible of the eligibility of your request.
3.4. Action of usersThe BRIC will in no way be held responsible for the actions of users.
4. ContactYou can submit your comments, suggestions or any other question by sending a message using the “contact” form or by letter to the following address: CIRB/BRIC, Avenue des Arts 21, 1000 Brussels.
5. Intellectual property rightsAll material and information available on this portal, along with their compilation and arrangement (text, photographs, images, icons, videos, software, databases, data, etc.) are protected by the intellectual property rights of the BRIC. The names and logos of Smart City Brussels that appear on this smartcity.brussels portal are protected trademarks and/or trade names. BRIC trademarks may not be used in connection with any product or service other than those of the BRIC, in any manner whatsoever likely to create confusion among consumers or in a way that would disparage or discredit the BRIC. Except where explicitly authorised in this connection, the user may not under any circumstances copy, reproduce, translate, represent, modify, transmit, publish, adapt, distribute, broadcast, license, transfer, sell, on any medium or by any means whatsoever, or exploit in any way whatsoever, all or part of this portal without the prior written consent of the BRIC. Any violation may result in civil and criminal prosecution.
6. Renunciation of copyrightBy accepting these conditions of use of the web portal, the user of the web portal with a copyrighted idea for a sufficiently original project to help make the Brussels-Capital Region a smart city authorises the BRIC to use this idea free of charge on any communication media it chooses. The BRIC will contact those participants whose idea is selected to determine the terms and conditions under which this copyright will be transferred.
7. Policy on the protection of privacyOn each visit to this portal the user provides us with personal data, and therefore gives us express permission to collect and process this information. As the publisher of this portal the BRIC has defined a clear and precise personal data protection policy in accordance with the applicable legal stipulations. The processing of personal data related to this portal is subject to Belgian law (Law of 8 December 1992 on the protection of privacy with respect to the processing of personal data, amended by the Law of 11 December 1998 transposing Directive 95/46/EC of 24 October 1995 of the European Parliament and of the Council on the protection of individuals with regard to the processing of personal data and on the free movement of such data). This data protection policy does not prejudice the rights of the BRIC with respect to certain visitors vis-à-vis whom a contract, the law or any other document of a contractual, regulatory or legal nature authorises more extensive operations. In this case, the standard most favourable to the BRIC applies.
7.1. Data controllerThe BRIC, whose registered offices are at Avenue des Arts 21, 1000 Brussels, represented by Mr Hervé Feuillien, Managing Director, acts as data controller.
7.2. Processing of personal dataThe BRIC only collects and processes the following data for the purposes for which you have shared them. You will not be asked for any sensitive data nor will such sensitive data be collected. The BRIC collects and processes the following personal data of the user in particular when he visits this smartcity.brussels portal:
- personal identification data: name, title, address and identifiers assigned by the party responsible for processing;
- personal characteristics: age and gender;
- lifestyle habits: information about movements;
- original ideas or suggestions for projects to help make the Brussels-Capital Region a smart city.
7.3. Purpose of the processingThese personal data are collected and processed in order to meet the following legitimate purposes:
- on the one hand, to respond to the user’s request for information about the Smartcity.brussels strategy;
- on the other hand, to centralise ideas for projects to help make the Brussels-Capital Region a smart city.
7.4. Recipient of personal dataThe personal data relating to you that are collected and processed are included in the files of the BRIC and are therefore intended solely for the data controller. However, if justified by the circumstances they may be shared with the following parties :
- the person to whom the data applies;
- individuals or organisations with a direct relationship to the party responsible for processing;
- other departments or company with a relationship to the party responsible for processing;
- other private companies;
- public services;
- the legal system and the police.
Under no circumstances will such data be transferred to a third party or to a State outside the European Union.