On 1 June 2017, perspective.brussels and the ]pyblik[ centre are organising a working morning on the theme of “Smart cities and public space”.
Developers, planners and policy makers, more and more frequently, use the Smart City concept to characterise urban spaces that are on the move. To better understand what is meant by Smart City and the surrounding issues related to public space, ]pyblik[ (FR/NL)
are getting together to organise a working morning on this topic.
?Case studies, comparisons and discussion will be on the agenda, around issues such as:
- What vision and strategy does the Brussels Region have to produce its smart city?
- What is the place and role of public space and its users in a smart city?
- How can citizens become involved, via new technological tools, in structuring virtual public spaces?
Celine Vanderborght, smart city manager of the Brussels-Capital Region
, will be among the contributors.
- Date: Thursday, 1 June 2017
- Place: perspective.brussels - Rue de Namur 59 - 1000 Brussels
- Admission: free
- Registration required.