Training - “Smart City Management”
This course on Smart City Management is intended for urban players from the public and private sectors, and was first given in March 2017. Following the success of the first two courses, the Smart City Institute is launching its third edition on 9 May 2019.
Good news for the private sector: Company vouchers (chèques entreprises) are eligible for this course!
2018 edition: Participants' opinions [interviews]
- To clarify the context and importance of smart cities at the global, European and national levels, as well as for Wallonia;
- To explain how technology (especially digital technology) can aid the sustainable transformation of our towns and cities;
- To supply an introduction to the strategic design of smart cities.
All the while, participants will develop their management skills and discover tools that will enable them to enact change within their own professional bodies.
As well as theory sessions to present the various concepts, this training course, which is intended to be hands-on, also includes presentations of best practices, workshops, practical exercises and case studies.
5 DAYS COMPRISING 10 MODULES (09:00 – 17:00)
+ 1 SPECIAL DAY OF WORKSHOPS
- with mandatory reading matter for each module, to be read prior to the course, in order to prepare for the presentation and improve the learning experience;
- high-quality theoretical and practical content supplied by one academic speaker and one practitioner;
- case studies and real-life illustrations;
- subject matter that meets the requirements and issues detected among our target audiences;
- a list of additional scientific articles is made available to participants interested in further expanding their knowledge of the subject.
within the scope of the Smart City Institute’s annual event.
on which the participants will work in multidisciplinary teams throughout the course to resolve issues encountered during the implementation of smart cities. Projects will be proposed and selected by the participants during the first day.
3 DAYS OF BRAINSTORMING
facilitated by our partner ID Campus, to enable the participants to advance their practical projects, think out of the box and supply the tools they require to bring them to completion.
PRESENTATION OF FINAL PROJECTS
to the speakers and experts involved in the training course, followed by an evening of networking.
CREATION OF A COMMUNITY
for the sharing of content and experiences between participants and the Smart City Institute.
For further practical information click here